Welcome to EE HomePage.com.
EE HomePage.com contains tools, educational aides and advice
to assist Electrical and Electronics Engineers in improving
their skill sets and managing and promoting their careers. The
site is specifically targeted at engineering professionals,
educators and students.
This site is optimized for use with browsers
improperly configured or an older variant. We test our pages on Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0.x,
Firefox 1.5.x and Netscape 8.0. These are all free products and we recommend that you upgrade if
experience will not nearly as satisfying.
No matching Refs were found.
"standard cells" related tools for the Electrical Engineer
Entries 1 through 1 of 1 were returned.
|Alli@nce VLSI CAD System
Description: The Alli@nce homepage says it best: "Alliance is a complete set of free CAD tools and portable libraries for VLSI design. It includes a VHDL compiler and simulator, logic synthesis tools, and automatic place and route tools. A complete set of portable CMOS libraries is provided. Alliance is the result of a twelve year effort spent at ASIM department of LIP6 laboratory of the Pierre et Marie Curie University (Paris VI, France). Alliance has been used for research projects such as the 875 000 transistors StaCS superscalar microprocessor and 400 000 transistors IEEE Gigabit HSL Router.
Open Source, GNU or similar
URL: http://www-asim.lip6.fr/ recherche/ alliance/ doc/ design-flow/ tools.html
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Source Available
Binaries, source code and cell libraries are available under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
The Alli@ance Tools Overview page
does a great job of specifying the strengths and weaknesses of each tool in the CAD system. We'll limit ourselves here to simply listing the tools:
- ASIMUT: VHDL simulator
- B2F: FSM abstractor
- BOOG: Binding and Optimizing on Gates
- BOOM: Boolean Minimization
- Cougar: Hierarchical netlist extractor
- DREAL: Design REAL layout
- DRUC: Hierarchical design rule checker
- FLATBEH: Netlist abstrator
- FLATLO: Flatten netlist
- FLATPH: Flatten hierarchical real layout
- FMI: FSM minimization
- FSP: FSM equivalence checker
- GENLIB: Procedural Generation Language
- GENPAT: Procedural pattern file generator
- GRAAL: Graphic layout editor
- K2F: Kiss FSM translator
- L2P: Layout to paper (Postscript)
- LOON: Local Optimization on nets
- LVX: Gate netlist comparator
- MOCHA: Model Checker
- OCP: Placer for standard cells
- NERO: Over-cell router
- PROOF: Equivalence checker
- RDSX2Y: CIF/GDS translator
- RING: Pad ring router
- S2R: Symbolic to Real layout
- SCAPIN: Scan-path insertion tool
- SYF: FSM Synthesizer
- VASY: VHDL analyzer for RTL synthesis
- X2Y: Alliance file format translator
- XFSM: Graphical FSM viewier
- XPAT: Graphical pattern viewer
- XSCH: Graphical schematic viewer
It should be apparent that this is a fairly exhaustive tool set. The Alliance toolset is in use in more than 80 universities around the world. Their website includes an illustration of a MIPS-R3000
(52K transistors) completely designed using this toolset.
, place & route
, standard cells
, Alliance CAD
, formal proof
, formal verification
, logic synthesis
, netlist extraction
, layout editor
, equivalence checker
Submitter: EE HomePage Editorial Staff
1150681894 (single entry page
No matching Orgs were found.